JoyGames Forum

Retrieve Password
Search
!show!: 12969|Reply: 60

DM Crews and Formations ( PVE UPDATED) [Copy URL]

Post time 2017-7-11 11:24:15 |Show all posts
Edited by lujosh at 2017-7-17 15:19

hello community,

Since i made "why you should play DM", ima continue the DM series with a Crews and formations guide so you cant blame me for suggesting you to start playing DM and not give you the ressources to become the best DM you can become.

Crews

PvP-wise

*** There is something very important for PvP DM, you need to have 5 stars crews and awaken their ogi in order to be DEADLY. They are very awakening dependant ***

For Starters (Thanks to ALucardEatos)

Im gonna do a quicklist since you use those crews while you try to work ur way into Mid-game PVP by getting:
Ace +Enel+ Shirahoshi+ Jinbei+ Perona.

More detailed version in Honorable mentions.

*** Use these crews if you get them but do not invest too much ressources on getting them because your main focus should be the crews mentionned in the above ***

1. Robin: She is very useful for ur pvp as starter and most importantly PvE formation. She also do a good combo with Marco because Marco can ogi right away at the start of the battle thanks to Robin's 20 Fury generation.

2.Marco: More details in honorable mention

3. Trebol or Foxy or Jora or Gedatsu or Mr.3  or Urouge or X-Drake. ( Foxy, X-drake and Urouge can benefit from Intern Captain Passive)

4. Machvise: He is the best tank for any class if you do not have Jinbei.

For Mid-game and End-game PvP

1. Ace: He can ogi at round 1 once you fully awaken Dai Enkai: Entel, his Flame-flame fruit is the reason why he is so DEADLY and ESSENTIAL in a DM formation.
Also, his Fire Fist passive give you Fury so you can unleash MORE and MORE ogi RELENTLESLY on ur opponent

P.S: He is your BEST friend or ur best worker if you own a business

2. Enel: He is your second piece to the puzzle because of the fury absorb from his ogi at round 2 and the passives Holy-Pressure + Rumble-Rumble Fruit give your formation a big big DMG boost.

P.S: Holy-Pressure only buffs Enel.

3. Perona or Shirahoshi: For this one, if you need more survival for jinbei from your ennemy attacks, Shirahoshi is ur choice.

However, i personaly like having Perona because of the healing and the ogi refresher that give you the possibility to cast A SECOND TIME the Best Ogi in game: Dark Storm and it also allows you to launch a SECOND BARRAGE of Ogi SPAM.

Also, Perona is easier to recruit comparing to Shirahoshi.

4. Jinbei: your true tank.

Honorable Mentions:

Marco: He is a crappier version of Ace, but you can use him while you work on Ace awakening + stars.
He is widely used if you are starting in a new server.

Mr.3 and Gedatsu: I think those are crappier version of Enel if you cant recruit him right away.
You can use either while you try to recruit Enel. They both have their Pros and Cons, if you have low agi or if your ennemy have alot of Ogi interrupts, i would suggest Gedatsu for the normal attack fury absorb. But if you have high agi or your ennemy have no interrupts, Mr.3 would be better in that scenario.

Aokiji: I think he is a better version of Moriah if you can get ur hands on him, it means your Ace will be able to weaken your ennemy with his Ogi DEBUFFS. It is a big blow to the morale of your ennemy, he most likely will just retreat.

Akainu: If you combo Akainu with Enel, your playstyle is changed from cut throat ogi spams to fury starve. This playstyle offers more survival if your ennemy relies heavily on pirates crews's ogi.

The Best PvP formation in my opinion: Ace+ Sengoku+ Jinbei or Robin + Perona

***Sengoku***: If you replace Enel with Sengoku, i believe the DMG on the first round will increase very significantly, you can proberbly kill ur opponent in the first round. The passive Marine Fleet admiral would add insane dmg to Ace, 20% ATK and SP increase on top of the passive Flame-flame fruit.

*** If i have the money, i would definitely run Ace + Sengoku + Jinbei + Perona because of the insane amount of DMG it does in first and second round.
You get to cast x2 Sengoku ogi and x2 Ace ogi when reaching round 2.

There is also the fact, surviving is no longer an issue for you because you rush ur ennemy down so fast that he is the one trying to survive ***
( Harder to gear-up polish-wise because of the nature of Sengoku ogi. It is ATK and SP dependant, so you need to polish an extra gear)
but due to the Skill of the Moby Dick ship, it is proberbly best to change Perona for Shirahoshi to nullify the dispel of 1 buff + 30% Atk and Sp debuff. ( Thanks to Hatcha for this previous information)

*** Most high level pvper like Shirahoshi over Perona, so use which of the two that best fits ur taste. ( Hatcha and Ruffyxd) ***                                                                                                                                                                       I personaly like Perona better even if Jinbei ogi+1 cannot dispel the Moby dick 30% Atk+ SP Debuff. Because i feel that cut throat ogi spam rush is what defines a DM.

Formations

i think this formation is very standard and balanced

I would run this if Enel isnt Fully awaken or if you dont have a second well polished ring
IMPORTANT: *** ACE has to be fully awaken in this formation ***

My Favorite formation as DM because its strategy relies on non-stop ogi harassment for 3 rounds.
I think this playstyle is what they designed DM to be, RUSHING you down with cut throat Ogi spam.

*** To be super successful, make sure to max agi in ur study points and imprint as much as you can ***

*** Other possible combo: Enel + Moriah as your core DMG *** (Thanks to Aston)

PvE-wise

For Starters
The beauty of being a DM is that any DM crew or a captain tagged crew can benefit greatly from her passives: Dark mage enchance and Intern Captain

Those 2 passives makes DM deal tons of dmg early game at a server launch because of the flexibility.

So heres a priority list you should work on as a DM starting out.

1. Robin: the 30% dmg increase when full HP is the best buff you can get at early game. The beauty about Robin is you might draw her or you can acquire her from elite battle + exchange shop. She is very easy to get and she is your core buffer that you will even use in the Late game.

2. Urouge: Urouge is also another crew thats kinda easy to acquired and give good crit buff to ur formation to double ur dmg. You can acquire him from elite battle + exchange shop.

3. Ace: you get him right from top up and hes good till end game because of his passives: Flame-Flame fruit and Fire fist( This one is more valuable once you get Carribou)

4. For this spot, you can use a DM or Captain crew as ur third dps/buffer option
I would suggest having a captain tagged crew because the Dark mage enchance passive can only buff 3 Dm crews in ur formation ( you have Robin, Ace and Main) so having a DM crew would not benefit as much.

Captain tagged crew:

Hawking: He offers a 20% dmg buff to all DM and Sniper. But because of the harder gear customization due to the nature of his normal attack( ATK + SP). I would use him more as a 3rd buffer in ur formation.

X-Drake: The Supernova buff would buff up Urouge and himself nicely

Vander Decker: Attack twice per round and Urouge's Iron bar would buff sniper crew.

Duval: Urouge's Iron bar would buff him nicely

Captain tagged crews that could fit but i dont suggest:

Scratchman Apoo, Foxy: Basically any Captain tagged crew that has AtK+ Sp nature in their normal attack is not recommended because to have the same effect as a single nature normal attack. You would have to invest twice the ressources.

e.g: you would need +12 polish ring and +12 polish weapon as Apoo to do same dmg as an X-drake with +12 polish weapon.

For Mid-game and End-game PvE

You keep the crews mentionned in starter section: Robin + Ace

So the pointers here are:

1. Replace Urouge with Carribou 4 stars and + 2 awaken in Swamp-swamp fruit ( the awakens takes 15 skills books x2)

2. Replace the remaining crew with Enel.
Enel offers tons of dmg with his Rumble-Rumble passive buff and the self-buff Holy Pressure.

*** Once you have done the transition to Carribou, its best to not cast any fury costing ogi to maximize ur dmg. You can cast Ace's Ogi if you have fully awaken him because his ogi cost 40 and you regen 40 fury when fully awaken ***

The Best Crews for PVE:

Main + Enel/Ace ( but i believe Enel is better) + Garp + sengoku + Robin

Formation for PVE:

As a Dm, if you cant reach 100 fury when ur seq 1 crew attack, you have to use this shape to maximize dmg.

*** Make sure to place Ace at a spot that give you 100 Fury after his passive proc to maximize dmg ***(My ace here isnt well placed)
*** you can also let Robin tank, it really depends on ur itemization due to the nature of ur normal attack that i mentionned previously. Its easier to itemize Carribou so if you are lacking in ressources to polish, use Robin to tank instead ***

Use this shape if you can reach 100 fury after the Ace Flame-flame fruit proc

*** you can also let Robin tank, it really depends on ur itemization due to the nature of ur normal attack that i mentionned previously. Its easier to itemize Carribou so if you are lacking in ressources to polish, use Robin to tank instead ***

Extra Tips:

*** For Oars formation, you can replace Enel with Moriah to give you a chance to execute Oars with Moriah Ogi ***

For another view in PvE formation, take a look at Vendel Thread: http://forums.joygames.me/thread-17351-1-1.html

Any suggestion is appreciated and welcome, the same goes to critics.

attachment: You have to Login to download or view attachment(s). No Account?

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 11:42:07 |Show all posts
you are dm ? ^^
who is the tank ?
Is your formfor beginner ? or its for late game ? i cant use shira in late game ?

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 11:47:30 |Show all posts
Edited by lujosh at 2017-7-11 11:51
Vendel replied at 2017-7-11 11:42
you are dm ? ^^
who is the tank ?
Is your formfor beginner ? or its for late game ? i cant use shira ...

ah ur right, i cant count to 5 with main in it xD

let me fix it
Thank you very much Vendel.

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 15:47:59 |Show all posts
Edited by ALucardEatos at 2017-7-11 15:57

ace, marco, robin and jora are good for DM beginners
having machvise is good to keep team with full health at the beginning of the match
try having main, ace, and marco fast as it will be beneficial try getting ace to 5 stars first and awaken him

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 16:00:59 |Show all posts
Edited by lujosh at 2017-7-11 16:02
ALucardEatos replied at 2017-7-11 15:47
ace, marco, robin and jora are good for DM beginners
having machvise is good to keep team with full  ...

ty alucard, ill add a section for crews to start with

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 16:09:03 |Show all posts
lujosh replied at 2017-7-11 16:00
ty alucard, ill add a section for crews to start with

np, glad to be able to help

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 16:29:52 |Show all posts
ALucardEatos replied at 2017-7-11 16:09
np, glad to be able to help

*** updated the starter section and some other little tweak thanks to you ***

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 21:01:26 |Show all posts
I have seen some players use moriah instead of ace so that in second round first enels ogi activates and after that moriahs ogi and if the opponents jinbe dies due to moriahs ogi then the jinbe dies without being able to use revive ability but for this high agi is needed on crew members so that the ogis are not interrupted

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 21:07:26 |Show all posts
Edited by lujosh at 2017-7-11 21:09
Aston0401 replied at 2017-7-11 21:01
I have seen some players use moriah instead of ace so that in second round first enels ogi activates ...
*** updated to the thread ***

kk, i guess there are slight variations. But i feel ace is stronger because he can ogi round 1 and at round 2, he can ogi another time.

Enel + moria, you would have to wait till round 3 for second barrage of ogi SPAM.

For that reason, i think Sengoku + Ace is very deadly because they can unleash everything x2 at round 2.

What do you think??

Use magic Report

Post time 2017-7-11 21:14:52 |Show all posts
lujosh replied at 2017-7-11 21:07
*** updated to the thread ***

kk, i guess there are slight variations. But i feel ace is stronger b ...

i am just saying and in case of sengoku most of the players cant top up for him and they rely on crews like ace,enel and moriah which are easily available from tavern and spirit bar but Ace+sengoku can be a good formation for those who have these crews and the formation can be made as jinbe+ace+sengoku+enel+devil robin and if ace is having high sp and agi then the round can end in 1st round itself lol

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Archiver|JoyGames Inc.

GMT-6, 2020-8-8 00:13 , Processed in 0.014464 second(s), 11 queries , Xcache On.